Welcome to our BABY blog!!!

That's right...we are having a BABY! We found out this Awesome news on June 8, a few days before we took off for Vegas! Glad we got that trip out of our system, it will probably be a while before we make it back! But we sure did have a blast!

We are so excited about this new little member of our fabulous family! From what we can tell, it is already ADORABLE!

For the next several months, we are going to document our life preparing for the arrival of Baby Wilkins so stop by and check out our progress! Feel free to leave us comments along the way, we would love to see and hear from everyone that stops by our page!

Love you all,
Candace and Scott

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

12 weeks and 5 days!!!

Today we had a fantastic doctor's visit! We heard the baby's heartbeat just beating away... the babys heartbeat was 164, just perfect! I also found out that I haven't gained that much weight... only 5 lbs total! Whew... that was a relief to hear... I feel like I have already gained so much! I think its just because my pants are getting so tight!! Anyway, we are so super duper excited! It was such a positive doctor visit, we are ready to spread the news to everyone!


BABY: Your Baby in Week 12 of Pregnancy By now, your baby weighs a full half-ounce and is about the size of a large plum. Most of his systems are in place, though there's still plenty of maturing to do. For one thing, his/her fetal digestive system is beginning to practice contraction movements necessary for eating, and his/her bone marrow is busy making white blood cells — weapons against germs once he's out of your safe haven. The pituitary gland (at the base of the brain) has started producing the hormones that'll enable him (or her) to make babies of his (or her) own in a couple of decades or so.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to all of your updates! I've already bookmarked your page! I'll be visiting frequently!
    Thank you for sharing this journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to many more blog updates and seeing your baby belly groooooooooooow. I wanna rub it (and so will lil Reagan!)!!!
    We are very happy to have a new baby join the Wilkins Family...Yay!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you and Scott :) I can definitely see you having a baby girl- she'll probably come out wearing pink, some fabulous pumps, and looking beautiful!!! :) Just think of how much has changed in 1 year, for you-- love you girl!

    ReplyDelete