Today we went to the doctor for our 36 week check up and ultrasound. Turns out our little man, well he's not so little!!!! My fears are coming true...and it looks like Scott's dreams are coming true! haha... Our little boy, RIGHT NOW, weighs about 7lbs 10oz...keep in mind, we still have 4 weeks to go!!!!! OH NO!
When the doctor came in the room, the first thing she said was, "well, it looks like we are having a toddler!" We had a nice visit with her, she checked me out and it looks like our little guy is getting himself in position! Everything is going exactly as it should! She then had a conversation with us about having big babies! She explained to us that she might be a little more concerned if I had diabetes, because those babies come out pretty large and often a c-section needs to occur... but since I do not have that, she said we will probably look at having to induce about a week early. SOOOO that means we only have about three weeks left, WOW! That is, unless he decides to make his debut a little sooner, which at this point would be fine with me!!! I do think he needs to stay in and bake a little longer, but from what it sounds like he is nice and healthy!!! Looks like we might have to skip the newborn clothes and bring a three month old outfit to the hospital with us!!!
It also turns out he has a full head of hair! ...Now i'm really anxious to see him!!! But nothing has changed over the last 8 or so weeks, he still has his arm blocking his face!!! We could not get a good profile pic because his arm was blocking his mouth!!!
As for everything else, its good! The nursery is ready to welcome a baby! I am pretty well organized, I just have a few more labels to make, but other than that, everything has a place! As for me, well I am still itching! I am having all kinds of little issues here and there, too. I guess I just have to just get over it though...I know we will have a cute little man here soon, and it will all be worth it!
Thats all for now...we will update again soon!
How your baby's growing:
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (which is not true in our case :)) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely He's in a head-down position.
Wow!!!!! 7lbs 10oz!??!? WOWSERS! And a full head of hair... Double WOWSERS!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the big boy is getting closer to arriving!!!! Awesome!!!
Not much longer!!
ReplyDeletehang in there , no wonder he is not moving in there he is gettin a bit cramped :)
ReplyDelete