Welcome to our BABY blog!!!

That's right...we are having a BABY! We found out this Awesome news on June 8, a few days before we took off for Vegas! Glad we got that trip out of our system, it will probably be a while before we make it back! But we sure did have a blast!

We are so excited about this new little member of our fabulous family! From what we can tell, it is already ADORABLE!

For the next several months, we are going to document our life preparing for the arrival of Baby Wilkins so stop by and check out our progress! Feel free to leave us comments along the way, we would love to see and hear from everyone that stops by our page!

Love you all,
Candace and Scott

Thursday, February 10, 2011

39 Weeks...I was beginning to think this day would never come!!!

After about 7 weeks of non stop itching, I thought I would never make it to this day - and here we are!!! One week left until our official due date! Our little man is quite comfy...It looks like he just wants to stay in my belly forever! However, there is no more room left for him! I am stretched to the max! My belly is so tight it hurts. And when I lay on my left side, there is no room for any sort of "give" so it just plain hurts... I am pretty much limited to laying only on my right side now. I was thinking about this last night, while I could not sleep at 4 am- I am the craziest sleeper, before I was pregnant, I would sleep ALL over the bed, I would go from laying on my stomach to laying on my back, to my side, then maybe I would sleep sideways... all over the place...and now I am only able to sleep in one direction...ON MY RIGHT SIDE, with about 6 pillows positioning me into place! I wonder if I will be able to go back to my old ways once the baby is born???

Not much has changed this week, I have been LOVING being able to stay at home! Lets just say we have one very organized house! Its great! I have not been swelling, which is perfect...I have only been dealing with this itching, which doesnt seem to be as bad as it did before...maybe Im just a little more relaxed, so I am able to handle it a little better.

A couple of nights ago, our little dude kept me up for most of the night...he was so active. He kicked me so hard a few times that it scared me! He has never done that before...his kicks have been very subtle. Anyway, lets just say I slept most of the next day... thats the beauty of this staying at home too, I am able to take my naps! I LOVE napping! It is one of my very favorite things!

We went to the doctor today, and I have progressed a little bit more. It looks like we have an induction scheduled for Monday at 5:30 am! We might have ourselves a little Valentine...that is if he doesn't decide to come over the weekend!

Nonetheless, we should have a little baby boy soon!!!


3 comments:

  1. So stinkin excited for u guys!!!!!! I can't believe it's finally time to count 'days' or even 'hours' instead of weeks and months!!!!
    Will be praying for u guys through this weekend and especially Monday!!!!
    Wahoooo - for light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Literally!! Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! Girl ..... sleep doesn't exist when the baby comes. Napping exists when baby naps, but real sleep - the sleep you get when nothing else is on your mind and you are side ways on the bed, doesn't happen anymore. Sorry to break it to you. :) CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LITTLE MAN!!!!! Come on buddy ... Saturday!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're so uncomfortable...but so excited the big day is almost here! Our little ones might be birthday buddies. :)

    ReplyDelete