Welcome to our BABY blog!!!

That's right...we are having a BABY! We found out this Awesome news on June 8, a few days before we took off for Vegas! Glad we got that trip out of our system, it will probably be a while before we make it back! But we sure did have a blast!

We are so excited about this new little member of our fabulous family! From what we can tell, it is already ADORABLE!

For the next several months, we are going to document our life preparing for the arrival of Baby Wilkins so stop by and check out our progress! Feel free to leave us comments along the way, we would love to see and hear from everyone that stops by our page!

Love you all,
Candace and Scott

Thursday, December 16, 2010

31 Weeks

The weeks just keep flying by...my beautiful wife keeps plugging along. She is doing so good!! I just can't seem to say enough good things about her. Her feet seem to swell up about once a week but other than that she is doing awesome. It seems to me that she is having a little harder time getting comfortable to be able to have a good nights sleep. I know last night she kicked me a few times when she tossed and turned. I guess I will have to start wearing shin guards when I sleep. haha!!

We were able to do the 4D ultrasound this week which was incredible to see our little guy just chillin and yawning. It amazing what modern day technology can do these days. He was being a little stubborn always having his arm over his face, so we get to go back on Monday and try for some better pictures. I told Candace that I think he looks like me, maybe its just being a proud father :). We just hope he doesn't have my spoc ears. If he does I managed ok other than always hearing "Beam me up Scotty!"

As you have seen in prior posts the changing table system (or as I call the baby entertainment center) is now complete. After almost losing my religion on painting it (going through three different sprayers, sometimes the cheaper tool is the best just to let you know) it turned out great. I was able to get into the house and Candace has already started to fill it up. She has done such a great job decorating the room and making it feel so warm and cozy. All we need now is a beating heart.

I know he will be hear before we know it and we are just so excited for his debut.


How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All his moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment