Welcome to our BABY blog!!!

That's right...we are having a BABY! We found out this Awesome news on June 8, a few days before we took off for Vegas! Glad we got that trip out of our system, it will probably be a while before we make it back! But we sure did have a blast!

We are so excited about this new little member of our fabulous family! From what we can tell, it is already ADORABLE!

For the next several months, we are going to document our life preparing for the arrival of Baby Wilkins so stop by and check out our progress! Feel free to leave us comments along the way, we would love to see and hear from everyone that stops by our page!

Love you all,
Candace and Scott

Thursday, January 6, 2011

34 Weeks!! Only a Few More

I know we keep saying that time is flying by but it honestly has. Candace is doing great. She has not been able to get rid of her rash yet. I went and bought her some high dollar lotion that I think is beginning to help her out. It seems like her feet do not like Wednesday's because every Wednesday they swell up then go back down. She sure does appreciate the Temperpedic bed too. Without that I think she would have a few more sleepless nights.

I had one drawer on the baby changing station giving me a little issue. I conquered the drawer and I am happy to say it is completed. The room still has a little paint odor and I hope by the time the baby comes it will be smelling fresh.

We are getting so excited to meet our little man. Just keep checking back up with any new news.

Love,
Candace and Scott

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about a 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers - which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born - are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

1 comment:

  1. Two things....
    1) BOUDREAUX'S BUTT PASTE.... if it can fix a baby it may be able to help Candace!!!!
    2) Open up the windows during this next week as we have this artic front... maybe it will be fresh .... or frozen after that!!!

    So excited for ya'lls progress!!!!! WAHOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete