
16 weeks...thats crazy!
So lets see... this week, not many things have changed. I am starting to feel a little more pregnant now. My tummy is definatly making room for a baby... I can see the bump! I am no longer able to wear my regular pants... I had to switch to maternity pants... especially for work! I love eating popcorn... I could eat it everyday all day if that was possible...
So for the nursery...we have completed the walls and we got our crib! It came in early!! woo... Scotty and I put it together and it looks so cute! We dont have any bedding because we are waiting to see... should it be pink or blue??? At this point we are at a stand still... But I am trying to get Scott started on the changing/organizing system! He is going to build one that looks like something we saw at Pottery Barn, but we have just been a little busy lately! I will keep pushing him though! ;) Baby W, got his/her first present yesterday from Aunt Laura and Uncle Aaron...it is a cute pooh bear and book... all the more reason scotty needs to get this thing built, we have stuff to put on the shelves!!!!
Our next doctor's appointment is on Tuesday. There we will hear the heartbeat again and then wait another 4 weeks for our 20 week check up! Thats the big one!!! Where we can see our baby again!!! and find out the sex!!! woo hoo!!!
Your Baby in Week 16:
Your baby's eyesight (and eyelashes!) is developing rapidly, but all you might be seeing in the mirror these days is a body that looks depressingly bulky. Your baby now weighs in at a whopping three to five ounces, and he's/she's four to five inches in length. The bones that are now in place in his/her ears means he/she can probably hear your voice as you talk to your partner and pals and sing in the car. While he’s/she's getting used to your voice, the tiny muscles in his body, especially the ones in his back, are gaining strength, so he/she can straighten out a little more. And thanks to his/her developing facial muscles, your baby is capable of making a few expressive frowns and squints, even at this early stage. (Don’t worry, those frowns have nothing to do with the sound of your voice!) And his/her eyes are finally working, making small side-to-side movements and perceiving light (although the eyelids are still sealed). Peekaboo!
Love the crib. Look forward to the 20 week posting. Can't wait to see what Scott is going to build.
ReplyDeleteMary Jo