WOW! 20 Weeks, that means we are 1/2 way there! How exciting!
I can FINALLY feel this sweet baby move! It moves quite regularly. Last Friday Scott and I were on the way to the lakehouse with my mom, and I was telling them that it is just crazy that I can't feel this baby yet....THEN about two hours later, as we were sitting on the couch...I felt it! I wasn't sure at first what exactly that feeling was, but I mentioned that it felt kinda like popcorn in my stomach...very light popping popcorn. :) It is definitely a bubbly feeling. Each day I have felt the baby a little more, and now I feel it a lot. Yesterday I was sitting at my desk talking to another employee at work, and I couldn't even pay attention to our conversation because the baby was full on moving around! That was the strongest feeling I have had yet! Anyway, its an awesome feeling, because it is a constant reminder that the little one is doing alright!
So the big ultrasound is almost here! Next Tuesday, we will HOPEFULLY know the gender of this little one. I am still sticking with a little girl, even though the gender prediction test says its a boy. But I don't think the gender prediction test is all that great. I was reading reviews on the Internet the other day and more than half of the people that bought it said it was wrong. Now we will bank on the Chinese prediction calendar to be right... that one says I'm having a girl. :)
Never the less, I will be so happy with either a boy or a girl, I ultimately just want to know that this baby is healthy and on the right track. From the looks of my baby belly it is definitely growing!
Baby at 20 Weeks:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He/ she's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his/her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his/her head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he/she's measured from head to toe.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system.
Welcome to our BABY blog!!!
That's right...we are having a BABY! We found out this Awesome news on June 8, a few days before we took off for Vegas! Glad we got that trip out of our system, it will probably be a while before we make it back! But we sure did have a blast!
We are so excited about this new little member of our fabulous family! From what we can tell, it is already ADORABLE!
For the next several months, we are going to document our life preparing for the arrival of Baby Wilkins so stop by and check out our progress! Feel free to leave us comments along the way, we would love to see and hear from everyone that stops by our page!
Love you all,
Candace and Scott
We are so excited about this new little member of our fabulous family! From what we can tell, it is already ADORABLE!
For the next several months, we are going to document our life preparing for the arrival of Baby Wilkins so stop by and check out our progress! Feel free to leave us comments along the way, we would love to see and hear from everyone that stops by our page!
Love you all,
Candace and Scott
No comments:
Post a Comment