Welcome to our BABY blog!!!

That's right...we are having a BABY! We found out this Awesome news on June 8, a few days before we took off for Vegas! Glad we got that trip out of our system, it will probably be a while before we make it back! But we sure did have a blast!

We are so excited about this new little member of our fabulous family! From what we can tell, it is already ADORABLE!

For the next several months, we are going to document our life preparing for the arrival of Baby Wilkins so stop by and check out our progress! Feel free to leave us comments along the way, we would love to see and hear from everyone that stops by our page!

Love you all,
Candace and Scott

Thursday, September 23, 2010

19 Weeks...

10 more days until the next doctor's appointment!!! I cant wait to see this little baby and determine the sex. I am very anxious to move forward with the nursery!

This baby is growing, growing, growing, thats for sure! I woke up yesterday morning and could not fit a thing in my closet! I had to go on my lunch break to buy some new clothes! I literally think the baby grew overnight! When I walked in to work on Wednesday, our office manager immediatly shouted..."WHOA! Where did that come from?" It's true, I think this little one had a growth spurt...even though the scale has been the same all week... I have not gained anything since Sunday... which is fine by me!!!

Not much else has transpired since last week. We have been pretty relaxed, we have just been hanging around the ranch and our house. Kne Kne bought us a new bed for the ranch... it sure makes sleeping even better there! We are so thankful that she did that...she knows how important my sleep is, after all she is my momma...AND she did have to dress me in my bed a time or two while I was little, because I refused to get up! My bed has always been my favorite and most comfortable place in the house!

Well thats all for now... I will post again next week! Thanks for checking our blog!


Your Baby in Week 19 of Pregnancy

Have you ever seen a mango dipped in cheese? Well, that's what your baby looks like this week due to a little growth spurt (he/she's about a half pound in weight and six inches long) and a substance called vernix caseosa. This greasy white stuff covers your baby's skin, protecting it from the surrounding amniotic fluid. (Without it, he/she'd look totally wrinkled as she entered the world.) The vernix sheds as delivery approaches, though some babies still sport a bit of the coating at birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment